Why Have a Midweek Service
Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Intro: We have a mid-week service for a host of reasons. Some of the highlights of our mid-week service are:
- bringing a bus full of ladies from the Karis House in Baltimore
- allowing our children to participate in Patch Club
- getting to hear the children and our teens sing in the Kidz Choir and Youth Choir
- sharing prayer requests and praying together
Here are three very important reasons why we have a mid-week service.
I. Our Souls Need to be Fed
- Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
- 1 Peter 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
II. Our Senses Need to be Focused
Our senses are being bombarded every day with sin and iniquity.
We need our senses focused back on the Lord after seeing and hearing everybody else all week!
- Psalms 25:15 Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
- Psalms 123:2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.
- Psalm 29:3 The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD is upon many waters.
- 4 The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
- 5 The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
- 6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
- 7 The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire.
- 8 The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
- 9 The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.
- 10 The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever.
- 11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.
III. Our Spirit Needs to be Fortified
- Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- II Cor. 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)