It’s Not Too Late
Intro: This story is about a valley of dry bones, and type of Israel. I’d like to make an application from this prophetic passage about the Nation of Israel being restored to their homeland. I’d like to prove from these verses that no matter how bad the situation, God is able to turn things around. When you think it is too late, God doesn’t think so!
Notice the keys to this miracle:
- The Hand of the Lord – vs. 1 The hand of the LORD was upon me,
- The Spirit of the Lord – vs. 2 and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD,
- The Word of the Lord – vs. 4 O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
When you get the hand of God and the Spirit of God and the Word of God working together, there is absolutely NO LIMIT to what God can do!!
This valley of bones was FAR BEYOND hope. Notice verse 11
- … behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
Notice these Biblical examples of miracles happening at the 11th hour. It’s NEVER too late!!
I. To Stake Your Claim
- 14:10-12 And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old. As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in. Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day;
Caleb was 85 years old saying…give me this mountain!
He had waited and wandered in the wilderness for 40 years but wasn’t ready to quit and die.
He had plans. He had visions. He had ambitions. He had desires for his family.
IT’S NOT TOO LATE to STAKE YOUR CLAIM!!!
II. To Salvage Your Testimony
- Nehemiah 4:2 And he spake before his brethren and the army of Samaria, and said, What do these feeble Jews? will they fortify themselves? will they sacrifice? will they make an end in a day? will they revive the stones out of the heaps of the rubbish which are burned?
Will you revive these stones (the original stones that made up the wall)??
Not can you- but will you?
Do you have the willpower to take the mess that has been made and let God revive it??
III. To Start Over – Job lost everything, including his 7 children
- Job 42:10; 12 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:
Job had worked for years to accumulate his wealth.
He had fathered 7 children and had walked with God.
In one day – all of it was gone.
He didn’t curse God and die.
He sat down for a while. He scraped and complained and grumbled awhile.
Then…He started over. He went back to work and started buying cattle, sheep, and having children.
IT’S NOT TOO LATE to START OVER!!
IV. To Surrender to God – Jonah 3:1
- Jonah 3:1 And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying, Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee. So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD.
Jonah had received clear directions from the Lord about what to do.
He deliberately disobeyed, and found himself in the bottom of the ocean inside a whale.
Good news. IT’S NOT TOO LATE to SURRENDER TO GOD!
V. To Submit to the Preaching
- Acts 27: 21 But after long abstinence Paul stood forth in the midst of them, and said, Sirs, ye should have hearkened unto me, and not have loosed from Crete, and to have gained this harm and loss. And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man’s life among you, but of the ship.
Paul had warned the captain of the ship not to leave port.
Nobody listened to the preacher. They did their own thing.
The storm came, and beat the ship to smithereens. They had to throw everything overboard.
But Paul had been talking to God, and even though they had lost the ship, they didn’t have to die.
Paul told them… IT’S NOT TOO LATE to SUBMIT TO THE PREACHING!
VI. To Get Saved – the thief on the cross
- Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
You talk about cutting it close!
This ole boy was on his deathbed – literally.
He had lived a wicked life and served the devil.
He had broken God’s laws and man’s laws and was dying on a cross for his crimes.
But then he came face to face with the Lamb of God, and realized something in his final hours…
IT’S NOT TOO LATE to GET SAVED!!