Get It Together Sermon Series
Intro: There is a word that is found in the King James Bible 469 times.
It is the word TOGETHER.
The word TOGETHER speaks of a relationship
The word means: Together with, in union with; in company or mixture with
Isolation and loneliness will kill you; both spiritually and physically.
- Romans 14:7 “For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.”
Failing to implement the necessary ingredients into your life; to build and cultivate healthy relationships, will result in a crippled, non-productive existence.
God has certain key elements that are essential for you and I to live a happy, productive, pleasing life.
Without these elements, we will miss out on the joys God has for us.
Until you and I understand the importance of RIGHT RELATIONSHIPS, and GET IT TOGETHER, our lives will be empty, our lives will be meaningless, our lives will be void of accomplishment and purpose.
Let’s GET IT TOGETHER by starting with…
You and God
The most important relationship you will ever enter into will be a relationship with God.
God created us as spiritual beings.
To try and live a life apart from Him would be to subscribe to a meaningless, pointless, miserable existence.
God had His eye on a relationship with you a long time ago!
God’s desire is to draw you unto Himself and make Himself real with you.
It started with God seeking you out and drawing you unto Himself.
- Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Ever since the Garden of Eden, God has desired to be together with His creation.
He has been seeking fellowship, communion and intimacy with every man, woman, boy and girl since then.
When man sinned in the Garden, and they hid themselves at the voice of God, it was God that pursued them.
- 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
As believers, our life is IN CHRIST.
We find the phrase “IN CHRIST” 77 times in the Word of God.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
When we accepted Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, our life was no longer ours.
- Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
- 1 John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
WE ARE CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST
- Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ:
WE ARE BURIED WITH CHRIST
- Romans 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
WE ARE RISEN WITH CHRIST
- Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
WE LIVE IN CHRIST
- Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
WE ARE JOINT-HEIRS WITH CHRIST : NOTE: IF WE SUFFER WITH HIM, WE WILL GLORIFIED TOGETHER WITH HIM!
- Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
WE ARE LABORERS WITH CHRIST
- 1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.
- 2 Corinthians 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
WE ARE INDWELT BY GOD AND HE WALKS IN US
- 2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
WE ARE SEATED WITH CHRIST ALREADY IN HEAVEN
- Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Conclusion: It should be our primary goal in life to discover the importance of the right relationship with God, and GET IT TOGETHER!
Satan will fight is.
The flesh will resist it.
The world will mock it.
We can’t let anything hinder us pursuing after God with all our heart.
Our relationship with God is preeminent!
Let’s GET IT TOGETHER!