Seated In Heavenly Places
Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Intro: In Ephesians 2, we see:
A. Our Conversation – vs. 2, 3 …among whom also we all had our conversation…
B. Our Resurrection – vs. 1, 5 quickened (2x)
C. Our Elevation – vs. 6 – raised us up together and made us sit together in heavenly places…
D. Our Ordination – vs. 10 – created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath ordained…
I want to look at verse 6 – raised to sit together in heavenly places.
That got my attention as I was studying the message for this morning.
Let’s look at three heavenly places we will get to sit together!
I. A Place of Celebration
- Revelation 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
We are referred to as “the Bride of Christ” throughout Scripture.
- Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
- Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Imagine the MARRIAGE SUPPER OF THE LAMB!
It’ll be amazing!
It’ll be perfect for the non-gluten crowd.
It’ll be perfect for those with peanut allergies.
It’ll be perfect for the lactose intolerant.
It’ll be perfect for the diabetics.
I’ll be perfect for the low sodium; high blood pressure crowd.
It’ll be perfect for those with dentures. You won’t need Polydent!
It’ll be non-fattening; zero calories; zero refined sugars; zero additives and preservatives.
It’ll be the buffet of all buffet’s!
II. A Place of Conquest
We will be seated on white horses as we accompany the KING OF KINGS to His final victory.
- 11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
- 12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
- 13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
- 14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
NOTE: We will be the target of the armies of the world, but we won’t have to do anything!
- Revelation 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
- Verse 21, Jesus Christ (him that sat upon the horse) defeats the enemy with the word of his mouth.
III. A Place of Command
- 2 Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with [him]: if we deny [him], he also will deny us:
- Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
- Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
We will judge the world
I Corinthians 6:1, 2
- 1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
- 2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
We will judge angels
- 2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
- Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
- I Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?